Book Excellence Awards Rules & Regulations
The Book Excellence Awards is an international book awards competition. By entering the Book Excellence Awards, you hereby certify that you are an ‘Entrant’ of the Book Excellence Awards and agree to the following rules and regulations set forth below:
The Entrant’s book must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Entrant’s book must have an ISBN and/or ASIN.
- The Entrant’s book must be written in English.
The Entrant certifies that:
- The Entrant is not related to or associated with the Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence
- The Entrant is not an employee of the Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence
- All information provided by the Entrant in their Book Excellence Awards application is true and complete. Any misrepresentations or false information that the Entrant provides may result in the disqualification of the Entrant’s application.
- If the Entrant is submitting an application on behalf of another individual, the Entrant must provide that individual’s name and contact information (email address, phone number etc.) with their application.
- Self-published books and books published by independent presses are eligible to enter.
- The Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence holds no responsibility for incomplete or ineligible entries.
- Entries containing unacceptable (in Book Excellence Award’s opinion), indecent, defamatory, or discriminatory language, pornographic or other unlawful content will not be considered.
- Refunds will only be issued within 7 days of an Entrant submitting an application. All entry fees after this 7 day period are non-refundable.
- No materials including but not limited to marketing materials and books will be returned to the Entrant.
- The Book Excellence Award’s final entry deadline is December 31st at 11:59:59 p.m. EST.
- The Entrant must complete the application form and submit their book by the final entry deadline to be eligible for consideration in the current year’s competition.
- Entries received after the final entry deadline will automatically be entered into the subsequent Book Excellence Awards Competition. Refunds will only be issued within 7 days of an Entrant submitting an application. All entry fees after this 7 day period are non-refundable.
- From time to time, the Book Excellence Awards provides additional bonuses such as free book reviews, free downloads, free marketing materials, etc. with an applicant’s submission. If the applicant has not claimed the bonus within 3 months of submitting their application, the bonus is automatically voided.
- The regular entry fee for one category is $199.00 USD. Each additional category is $99.00 USD.
- Entry fees can be refunded within 7 days of the Entrant submitting an application. All entry fees after this 7 day period are non-refundable.
- The Entrant must complete payment online.
- Book Excellence reserves the right to change the Book Excellence Awards entry fee at any time without express notice. Price changes will be reflected on the Book Excellence Awards website and the Book Excellence Awards Application form.
- The Entrant’s application will be voided in the following scenarios: (1) Payment is not received by the final entry deadline, (2) Payment could not be processed, (3) If a discount is offered by the Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence and the full amount of the discounted price has not been received.
- All applications must be completed online through the Book Excellence Award’s website.
- The Book Excellence Awards accepts books in the following ways: through the online submission form, as a gifted e-book through Amazon or iBooks. We accept the following file formats: .epub, .mobi, .pdf, .doc, .docx.
- The Book Excellence Awards accepts marketing materials through the online submission form
- Book Excellence does not assume any liability for any lost, damaged or stolen books or marketing materials.
- Only one copy of the Entrant’s book must be submitted per entry, regardless of the number of categories entered.
- Books and marketing materials will not be returned.
- The Book Excellence Awards does not accept entries by mail. Entrants of the Book Excellence Awards understand that if they send their applications, books and/or marketing materials via mail that their entries will be marked as void and will not be considered for the Book Excellence Awards.
- The Entrant’s books will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) Design and Layout, (2) Quality of writing, (3) Overall appeal of book to target audience and appropriateness within category entered.
- Book Excellence reserves the right to appoint all judges.
- The judges will remain confidential unless Book Excellence decides to release the names of the judges.
- The decisions of the judges once tabulated are final. The Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence bears no responsibility for the decision of the judges.
- No feedback or personal comments will be offered by the judges to winners and finalists.
- The Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence reserves the right to change, add, or modify any or all of the prize packages.
- The prize packages awarded are for the sole, exclusive use of the Book Excellence Award Winners and/or Book Excellence Award Finalists and are non-transferable.
- Book Excellence in its sole discretion reserves the right to withhold or revoke the winner or finalist title from the Entrant should they fail to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence.
- The value of the prize will be provided in USD. The Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence will not conduct any currency conversions.
Use of Winner/Finalist Information
Should the Entrant be named a “Winner” and/or “Finalist” of the Book Excellence Awards, Book Excellence reserves the right to use the following information from the Entrant on the Book Excellence Awards Website, Book Excellence Awards social media pages and/or Marketing Materials: Author’s Full Name, Author Photo, Author and/or Publisher E-mail, Author Bio, Book Title, Book Cover Image, Book Synopsis, ISBN, ASIN, Publisher Name, Publication Date, Links to the Author’s Website, and Links to the Author’s Social Media Pages etc.
Use of the Seal
Use of the Book Excellence Awards seal without a proper license or without written consent from Book Excellence is not permitted and will result in the winner or finalist title being revoked from the Entrant.
Overall Rules and Regulations
The Book Excellence Awards and/or Book Excellence in its sole discretion retains the right to alter, change, or modify any of the rules and regulations. The foregoing rules and regulations are subject to change without notice by Book Excellence.
Book Excellence reserves the right to refuse any Entrant in its sole discretion.
By entering this competition each Entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations